Downhole Technology provides detailed procedures for drilling out Boss Hog plugs upon request. On-site instruction is also available.
- Communicate with frac crew about any unusual conditions.
- Calculate volumes of tubing and casing annulus for timing of gel sweeps and returns.
- Well-designed gel sweeps can minimize need for short trips.
- Use drill bit or mill with 97% to 100% drift. Rock bits may produce smaller cuttings.
- Downhole Technology recommends 3% KCl with friction reducer for drillout.
- Pump while tripping into hole.
- Follow detailed procedures for tagging plugs and preventing motor stalls.
- After last plug is drilled, sweep with enough volume to fill the lateral.
- Debris may gather at 70° to 80° inclination. Increase circulation to avoid sticking.